Thread: My First Map - The Far Eastern Kingdoms

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Wip My First Map - The Far Eastern Kingdoms

Hello all. This map is the first map that I have ever tried making. As I am not done yet your critique and opinions would be much appreciated. But before that thanks to Gandwarf whose work in CC3 helped get me moving on this project. I am new to CC3 and map making so any suggestions would be helpful as well. Thanks....I tried upping the resolution (first time doing this so it may not be very good) if its still not enough or if its too much just let me know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Far Eastern Kingdoms2.jpg 
Views:	2302 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	26604  
    Last edited by SkinnyKazoo; 07-04-2010 at 01:08 AM.

It would be nice if you would post a higher resolution pic of the map, because we cannot see the details (use of effects). What I can say at the moment: less is more, meaning the use of symbols, but that may be change after you have posted the high res map.

When you export a map, click the "Options" button to enter the dimensions (width/height) you like. If you save as a *.jpg have a look at the "quality" text box. Export the map a few times using different settings to get a feel what you are doing.
    The overall shape is good. Try to reduce the amount of mountain symbols a bit. They look too crowded now. Also start with hills, then mountains and finally the giant snow covered peaks in the middle of a mountain range.
    Have some rep for posting your first map!