Thread: Another Town Map

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

Map Another Town Map

It's no Gullside, but I'm happy with the improvements I've made in this map. The foresting looks better, and the color scheme isn't so harsh, though it may still be a bit bolder than other people's.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gorliton.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	109.8 KB 
ID:	1306  

Nice one, Jharviss. Yes, the colors are too neon for my taste (mainly the green), but it's not "incorrect" at all. The forests do not look like forests to me, either: they seem like gigantic close-ups of a texture; very out of place and jarring, I think. Maybe just outline them or change the color to offset them?

Otherwise, this is a nice map! Good going!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

I agree with Don and would add that the river will need a little more character as well. It should have a "dirty" shore so that it looks more "alive".
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

You might just wanna add a drop shadow or some extra relief to your forests to define them a bit more... An outer glow (but a dark one) might work too. Or a dark inner glow for that matter.
    Joshua
    Graphic Designer
    & Amateur Photoshop Cartographer

Some really nice things there - They switchbacks up the hill to the estate and the angled title and font choice really set this one apart.

-Rob A>

I really like this map Jharviss. Although my own tastes are for more muted colours, its wonderfully illustrative and clear. It looks to me like a perfect addition to any adventure module or source book, and would reproduce very well.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

I like it!

You've captured the hills perfectly, there's definitely a sense of undulation to the land. I also love the roads and land texture. I like your bold style and strong colours albeit slightly too much saturation, even for my taste

I have to agree with the comments about the trees though, and I would have added much more variations in colour of the land (different shades of green and some browns and greys for example).

Nice.

I like the way that you've done the hills, they are realistic looking. I do with the others regarding the woods. They just don't look like woods. What RPMiller said about the river might be a nice improvement also.

Still, this is a great looking map even without any modifications.