Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dimension Relation Map

Wip Dimension Relation Map

Just a little free time map I decided to work on.
    Its a map of the different dimensions within the RP I help run.

I was inspired by really old maps that tried to explain the world or the universe, and how everything related to one another.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uhnou.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	26654  

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

I really like this concept. Where's the background? I'd love to hear how this all fits together and what each ring means.

Ill make a quick edit with some numbers so I can explain each
    The background is black because nothing physical exists there. It is a dimension of pure thoughts and emotion, no matter.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simpfan1 View Post
    The background is black because nothing physical exists there. It is a dimension of pure thoughts and emotion, no matter.
    Haha, oops, should have been more specific. I meant the story background

1. Dimension of Darkness aka Nether Dimension. A realm that surrounds all other dimensions, is infinite in size, but has no substance. It is made of nothing but pure thought and emotion. Beings that live in this dimension have the ability to look within all other dimensions, but they cannot actually manifest themselves within other dimensions as they have no form.

2. Dimension of Light aka Heaven. The dimension where the Gods reside.

3. Mortal Dimension. Space, the stars, the moon, the earth and everything that lives on and within it.

4. Dimension of the Worthy aka the Fields of Elyssium. First tier of the underworld where the souls of the most good, virtuous and righteous reside after death.

5. Dimension of the Many aka the Caves of Erebus. Second tier of the underworld where the majority of souls reside after death.

6. Dimension of the Damned aka the Pit of Tartarus. Third and final tier of the underworld where the souls of the wicked and evil reside after death. This dimension
    has 3 levels. The first is a cliff of hot jagged rock, where the souls of thieves, kidnappers, and the generally wicked must cling to for eternity. The second is a sea of fire, where the souls of murderers and rapists burn. The third is a whirlpool of dark water, where the souls of the purely evil and unforgiven are dropped into (Souls in the Underworld not sent into the whirlpool may be elevated into higher levels or even tiers depending on the severity of their crimes, the time that passes after death, if they are forgiven by the individual or family the crimes were perpetrated upon, if the crime is found to be just later in history, or if laws are changed.) Souls that enter the whirlpool are destroyed, a normally impossible task, even for the gods.

7. Dimension of Lacroa. There is an island called Lacroa that exists within its own dimension. Every 20 years it crosses into and manifests itself within the Mortal Dimension. During the 20 years (from the Mortal Dimension point of view), the Island crosses into other dimensions, including the Heavens and the Underworld, making the perception of time on the island completely different, and ultimately killing anyone trapped when it vanishes from the Mortal Dimension. The island only manifests itself within the Mortal Dimension, so beings in other Dimensions never know its passing thru their own Dimensions.

8. Dimension of the Fates. This is where three figures known as The Fates reside. All other Dimensions rotate clockwise around each other thru time, but this dimension remains stationary, allowing it to exist outside of time. Inside, the Fates keep the Thread of Time straight, preventing it from crossing over itself (thus making time travel impossible) and allowing it to weave into an immense tapestry that contains the entire history of the universe.

As you can see, a lot of this was influenced by greek mythology, which makes sense since the RP is based on Atlantis :p

Name:	numbas.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	26662  

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

cool.. nice to see a different type of map
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I might switch it to a more hand drawn stylized one than a more "realistic" one
    havent decided yet

Update
    dont have much to say about it
    still thinking if this is the right direction to go for it

Name:	uhnou.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	2.81 MB 
ID:	26764  

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

That's a pretty nifty idea, actually. I wonder what a three-quarter view of something like that would look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    That's a pretty nifty idea, actually. I wonder what a three-quarter view of something like that would look like?
    That would be a really great idea.

Might be a bit tricky, technically, to pull off, but if done right, it would be awesome.
    Current Project: The Low Countries & Their Periphery, c. 1584

Do you like Renaissance and early modern history? Check out my Facebook page, Renaissance Netherlands with Will Phillips.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast