Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else having problems attaching files to posts?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Anyone else having problems attaching files to posts?

I've been having this issue for a few months now and it has me wanting to bang my head against my monitor. Whenever I try to upload a file/image and attach it to a post it takes me like 10 tries and like 40 minutes of hand to hand combat with my computer to get the file to load. Every time I open the "manage attachments" box and hit the "add files" button, the progress bar speeds a long and just stops with a just a sliver remaining. I'm not sure if it's my internet connection, the forum, my computer, or an act of God, but it's driving me nuts. I literally have to try again and again and again to get an image to show up in the file upload manager so I can then put it into a post.

Is it just me or does anyone else have this issue?
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

It's not just you, I've also been having problems with file attachment, mostly in my case the uploader rejects my file as being unsupported or unnacceptable (don't knwo the exact message because I haven't uploaded a file in a while) even though it meets both the size and type criteria. I've also had cases of files refusing to load altogether or the upload window just not appearing. Normally I just have to close the upload window, refresh the page and try and again and then it works.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

only a few problems with uploading - I've noticed (or maybe thats a coincidence) that if I click on the "upload files" button before the thumbs in the uploaded has loaded - it doesn't work, if I wait till the thumbs have loaded - I don't have problems.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

@cereth yes I have exactly the same issue. I just have to make the file under 1 Meg. Not a satisfying solution but I will try Rob A's idea and let you know.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

I switched to the basic uploader as RobA mentioned and am still getting the error ... unacceptable/invalid/something image file. I've found that if I bump up the quality % (i.e. if 98% will put it under 4.77 i bump it to 99%), save a jpg, bump it back down, save a jpg, upload again, it works. It's inexplicable, but hey, glitches happen.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I just resave and reupload without adjusting the quality and it works.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

what you do "offline" should have no influence on the uploader - it doesn't check quality (luckily ) it just uploads ... but is a bit buggy :.(
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I changed back to the old uploader and had no issue. Thanks RobA!
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by cereth View Post
    I changed back to the old uploader and had no issue. Thanks RobA!
    me too, huzzah!!!
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast