Thread: Galactic map for one of my scifi stories

Default Galactic map for one of my scifi stories

This isn't the first version, more like the 6th, I've made it again and again as my ideas about the universe have evolved.

Keep in mind this is a little out of date idea wise and unfinished, I've already started another version!

Also: ITS A LITTLE LARGE.

Well without further adieu here is the 'Mad-Emperor' universe map:

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

Well, I see someone has allowed themselves to "borrow" a little piece of Homeworld concept art. No worries, you're not the first. I should think at least one other person has done this before, though I can't really remember their name, right now...
    Otherwise, a good map. You could scale it down a bit, I don't think it needs to be that big.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi Grim,
    nice looking map you got there ... you should check out Daelins as well, he's the resident maistro on space maps
    and next time you post, if you click "go advanced" you have an option to upload the picture straight to this page, then you don't have to host it somewhere else - and the system also make a little thumb for you (it has been know to be a little buggy lately).
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Daelin View Post
    ... "borrow" a little piece of Homeworld concept art.
    Hehe, yes I absolutely love the Homeworld series!

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

@tilt
    Don't be silly. I just did that one huge mofo of a map. Doesn't make me any kind of authority on space maps.

@Grimnardwarfofthesouth
    Yeah, me too. If you haven't already seen it, check this beauty out.

Did you create those planet icons or did you find em somewhere? I've been dying to get my hands on some for use, since I dont have the skills to make em.

Really nice map, rep incoming! It's always good to see some sci-fi stuff here.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Cool map!

Filler text. Filler text. Filler text. Filler text. Filler text. Filler text. Filler text. Filler text. Filler text.
    My current thread, Developing a plausible and functional system for Fantasy Economics in an rpg.