Thread: Earth Map (RISK Style) [WIP]

Default Earth Map (RISK Style) [WIP]

My most recent project...just something to get me out of a rut with fantasy mapping. The goal here is to create a map of Earth following the style of the classic RISK board game. However, as I'm not making it for the purpose of actual play I thought I'd post up here in the Regional/World Mapping forum. Right now I've just got some basics down and have started to experiment with how I want to carve out the various territories and label them. The green for the terrain is as of now a place holder, once the boundaries are complete I will go back and paint the world in some nicer colors.

For some reason Imageshack didn't create a thumbnail, but here's the direct link.

As always, I'm interested in comments and particularly criticisms. Please tell me what you think so far.

So did you start with a Risk board, and clear the borders, or is the stuff in the lower left your own (with the exception of the logo)?

Everything is looking good so far, though there isn't much to judge from at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Seretur View Post
    So did you start with a Risk board, and clear the borders, or is the stuff in the lower left your own (with the exception of the logo)?

Everything is looking good so far, though there isn't much to judge from at the moment.
    Everything on the map right now is completely original, though the shapes for the continents was harvested from satellite data.

Nice. In that case, I can say the textures are really neat. They emulate the board's texture very nicely. Looking forward to seeing more.