Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: November 2007 Entry: Superstition Valley

Wip Mesas...

Now for Mesa objects...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mesa-01.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	1540   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mesa-02.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	1541   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mesa-03.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	1542   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mesa-04.png 
Views:	57 
Size:	114.4 KB 
ID:	1543  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Wip Some hills...

I've created and painted 20 hills, but here's 5 of them...

Name:	hill-02.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	7.3 KB 
ID:	1546   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hill-03.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	1547   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hill-04.png 
Views:	50 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	1548   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hill-10.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	1549  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Wip Something tells me only the last object is correct...

Hmmm, looks like that last image is telling me I screwed up in exporting PNG files, for some reason, that one hill is the only one with a built-in alpha channel. I've got to check to see if that's the case and fix the problem. Oh well.

I'll upload the first 5 mountain modules to see if that's the case, if so, I'll stop and fix them.

Because there's so many files, and I will need to create 3 different versions of each - color/lineart/black and white, I won't be uploading everything next time. Rather I will place all objects onto a webpage and provide a link to that page. There's just too much to upload.

(I have 29 mountain objects and plan to create at least a half dozen more, in three versions that's 105 mountain modules alone.)

Altogether, I should have about 200 to 250 map objects in total, when I'm through with this challenge.

Did I ever say, I put too much work into these challenges...

WIP so far...

Name:	mountain-01.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	261.7 KB 
ID:	1550   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mountain-05.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	1551   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mountain-10.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	191.4 KB 
ID:	1552   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mountain-15.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	306.6 KB 
ID:	1553   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mountain-20.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	307.3 KB 
ID:	1554  

Last edited by Gamerprinter; 11-14-2007 at 01:46 AM. Reason: noticed issues...
    DrivethruRPG store

Wip And the base map so far...

Here's the base map with the river, before mountains are placed...

WIP so far...

Name:	superstition-wip.gif 
Views:	70 
Size:	122.8 KB 
ID:	1555  
    DrivethruRPG store

Wip More mountains

Oh, good, they exported fine and all have proper alpha channels - I didn't want to do all that work again.

Tomorrow's post, I'll provide a link to a webpage that contains all existing objects for this challenge.

(I'm about 3/4 done with the challenge - I think!)
    DrivethruRPG store

Looking truly superb, GP! Are the alpha channels working now? Presumably the images will have varying opacity so the the background shows through in varying degrees?

see, this is why i don't enter these challenges any more... truly superb work, GP. wait until i get my hands on all of these symbols, the map i am gonna make. oh boy, can't wait!

Wip Does anybody need a pink Spanish Mission?

Does anybody need a pink Spanish Mission map object? Whether you are ready for it, here's the first "pink map object" I've ever created...

Mission of San Pedro... final object, WIP...

And yes, Ravs, the alpha channels are all there with varying degrees of opacity.

And TM, hey, I didn't win last month, but that didn't stop me from entering this month. No I don't like losing, but showing off my work through a challenge WIP is worthwhile, even if I don't win. Don't get put off from the challenge because of the competition.

Besides, once I win a challenge, I'll pick and choose which challenges I participate in the future. Come on, TM, the challenge is kind of hollow, when there's only one participant. I'd hate to "win" because I was the only contestant.

Name:	mission-pink.png 
Views:	57 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	1558  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 11-14-2007 at 11:35 AM. Reason: comment replies
    DrivethruRPG store

Wip Developing map mentioned in first post of thread...

Thinking back to the first post in this thread and reflecting the back story of the map idea, I wanted to see how far I'd gotten with the map objects already created. Still got a few more to make and convert to the various formats, but there's lots here.

Of course this is unlabeled, not to mention unfinished, but how it looks so far. Oh, when I create my B/W map, the mountains will probably be placed differently, afterall, these are mountain modules. Why would I keep them the same?

Superstition Valley, WIP so far...

Next time I upload the map, I'll save it in higher color mode, this is a 16 color GIF, so even the pink in the mission lost its color, so the color in this WIP is not accurate.

Name:	superstition-wip.gif 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	1581  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 11-15-2007 at 02:15 AM. Reason: point on color
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast