Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elemental Chaos - Fire Earth Mote

Wip

Here's the latest version. I used Google Earth to find some sort of churning coastline. Then I played with the colours to make it slightly otherworldly. Gaussian Blur on the background.

The clouds were fun. Render > Clouds doesn't give a pleasing result at this image resolution. Too "granular".. tight little clouds all bunched up... So I made a separate file with smaller dimensions. Render > Clouds. Duplicated that layer and played with the overlay to get something decent, then merged the layers and resized to the big dimensions. Selected by colour and copy /pasted into a new layer in my original image.
    I'm not 100% happy with it, but I thought I'd get another round of critique before beating the dead horse some more

Game has been postponed, so I have some more time to work on the actual tower.. I'll post that soon.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	earthmote-5.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	26815

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

much better ... a comment though - I like that the note casts a shadow on the clouds below - but it also have a small drop shadow, and that makes the picture look flatter and messes with the perspective
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Thanks - I put that drop shadow in to try to give a 3D effect because bevel and chisel and so on didn't work so well on the complex edge. Oh well, I'll muck around some more later. Sleep now.

Looking much better, do you have to go for a top down view? A perspective view might be cool...like a Roger Dean painting (he was really into floating motes).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dean.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	26817  

Blog Entries

yes.. I thought the same, that a side view would be cool - but the map has to fit in mapmaker afterwards, so he can't do that... but he could do it as a "prop" for the players - that would be nice
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

I thought I'd update this thread with some screen captures from the game session.

Funnily enough, the fortress did not see any combat
    They *negotiated* <gasp>

Heh.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IronFortress4.png 
Views:	100 
Size:	379.4 KB 
ID:	28327   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IronFortress5.png 
Views:	75 
Size:	199.4 KB 
ID:	28328   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IronFortress3.png 
Views:	210 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	28329   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IronFortress2.png 
Views:	161 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	28330   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IronFortress1.png 
Views:	304 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	28331  

Blog Entries

that turned out really nice... and negotiate.. shouldn't that go something like this
    Player: We wanna negotiate
    Npc: huh.. ne-GOAT-hate?
    Player: Peace... lets talk
    Npc: TALK?!! (bad word in monstertalk) ... mgna nagallah tumba *draws weapon*
    Player: puts up hands in friendly gesture (unfortunatly that is the gesture for challenge in monstertalk)

heheh....
    regs tilt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12