Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Harrum

It's a tough call, but I'd say 'B'. They all look great!

Can you remove the black outline around the coast? You might consider seeing how that would look.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looks pretty catchy, I couldn't pick one.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Alright so I cut it down to two I liked, First picture (or named Exp8a or A) is the original darker ocean, and the Second picture (or named Exp8b or B) i mixed a few of the other ideas for the ocean, its tough to choose which I like better...

Anyways I'm posting a slight update, I'd like to know if the coloring of the text, and the fonts work let me know please!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Exp8a.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	4.60 MB 
ID:	32321   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Exp8b.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	4.63 MB 
ID:	32322  
    Projects
    WIP :: Carian Round... Who knows...

Back Burner :: World Map

Software: 99% Adobe Photoshop (CS4), Geo Control 2, Wilbur Every so often I use another program!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I still like the orignal (Exp8a) oceans better; they contrast better with the land. I like the colors you've got for the text, and that city name font is awesome (what is that?), but the font on the river names is a bit hard to read at that size.

Thanks diamond, and I think I like A as well, always did, but anyways the City name font is Dragonmaster I think I got ti from Dafont.com and I'll tweak the river names and see what I can pull up, thanks for the C&C!
    Projects

Software: 99% Adobe Photoshop (CS4), Geo Control 2, Wilbur Every so often I use another program!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I like how the shallows are better blended (in terms of color) with the ocean in the second one but I like the darker ocean of the first one. If I had to pick one I'd pick the second because the shallows appear too vivid in the first.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

The contrast and overall color of A feels more refined than B, and the less obvious stroke along the coastlines is also better I think.
    Unless otherwise noted, all of my posted work is free for use and redistribution under
    the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence.

Thanks for all the support and suggestions, this is probably the final post here, I wanna see if anyone can find something before I finalize it I guess.

Not all together happy with all the names, but meh its fine, but regardless its "done" unless someone finds something!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ExpF.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	3.47 MB 
ID:	32506  
    Projects

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Looks good, except that you've got a heck of a black border around the edge. I think it might look better if you made that edge thinner, and then added a drop shadow to separate it from the wood below. But I'm nitpicking, overall it looks great. This map has come a long way!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I think it looks great. River names are MUCH easier to read now. And I still love that ocean. I kinda sorta agree with Gidde about the black edge, but I don't know how you'd fix it, exactly. I feel like if you take Gidde's suggestion of making the line thinner and then adding a drop shadow, it might blend in too much with the wood underneath it. Meh. I say leave it alone and don't overfiddle it. Oh, and repped.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast