Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Who are you gals/guys anyway?

Okay than ... I'm Matthias, born 1979 in Dessau, Saxony-Anhalt. I'm not married (yet) but a three year relationship with my girlfriend (but no children yet). I was 8 years a soldier of the German Navy and now I'm working as bookseller. Now I'm living near Speyer in Rhineland-Palatinate - more South Palatinate only 7 km from the french border. I have three guinea pigs named Bilbo, Frodo and Aragorn and as you can see I'm a big fan of fantasy literature (A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin) and SciFi (from Star Wars to Star Trek, Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica a.s.o). I'm spending a lot of my time in writing a mediaval fantasy roman (since nine years - about 3.000+ pages) and playing RPGs (Ultima Online *yay*) and EVE Online (*pewpew*). I love cinema and dark ambient music, I'm always dressed black and cut my ass long hair in February ;(
    Now I'm rewriting some of my book chapters and change some inconsistencies. One of the big changes is a revision of my world map and thats why I'm here (and happy to found such good tutorials)
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic27022_1.gif

Hi there.

Nathan, born in 1984 in Burgundy, France. Married, no children.
    I lived in Burgundy until I was 21 then I moved to Nantes, on the Atlantic Coast, then Strasbourg in Alsace and then Paris where I now live with my lovely wife. I just love geography and maps since my childhood and I studied geography and public transportation at the university and I now work for a transportation compagny in Paris.
    Since my teenages, I'm creating a world that I drew, first on paper, now on illustrator. My ambition is to print it (when finished) somewhere where I can print huge maps and put it on the wall. That would be nice. Hehe.

My other hobbies are football (soccer), fencing and videogames (nintendo multiplayers game mostly).

The name is Eric...I live in the greatest state in the Union, known by some as the Crossroads of the Revolution and to others as the Great Garden State; in other words, good old New Jersey in these here United States. I've been here for 20 years, a number that is equivalent to my current age.

I'm currently a student in my 3rd year at Rutgers University studying Pre-veterinary Medicine and I have aspirations of achieving my DVM and opening my own practice. Outside of my love for animals I am an avid reader, writer and amateur cartographer. I've been dating my high school sweetheart for about 3.5 years now and have every intention of marrying her once all this education business is out of the way. I'm also a huge history buff and have seen just about every show on the History Channel at least twice. Among my favorite authors are Jules Verne, George Orwell, George R.R. Martin, Alduous Huxley, etc...I've made a habit of going to the bookstore when I need a new book to read and picking something out without any prior knowledge of it; a technique that has landed my quite a few interesting reads that I wouldn't have otherwise found.

My goal here at the CG is to eventually create a world map that is the perfect manifestation of my vision for a fantasy setting I've had since I was young and to commit to writing a series of novels about said world.

Jules Verne is indeed one of the best authors of all time for me

Man oh, man.... The diversity of people in here is truly amazing!

Hello, My name is Sigurd (Sigurd Brutus Motor) Bjørgås Johansson. I was born in Oslo, Norway in 1979 to two loving hippie parents.
    Then life happened. Happy life. With a couple of sad parts....
    Now I live with my girlfriend Karoline, our cat Herr Sitron (thats norwegian for mr. lemon), our hamster Pablo and too much stuff!
    I started playing RPGs and Warhammer when I was just 12 (still do though), started my first metal band when I was 14 and bought my first car when I was 28.....

My vices include: chain-smoking, coffee and beer-drinking, day-dreaming, nudity, game-mastering, role-playing, mapping, converting miniatures, writing, StumbleUpon, metal, progressive rock and harmonic sounds.

Currently I work as an electrician for a small family owned company called Sterkstrøm, that has been around since 1946, but my true "calling" is sound design.
    I love making sounds\noise\harmony, so if any of you need sounds, for anything, call me!

Well, thats me.....

PS: Oh, and I`m overly fond of food.
    -Sigurd Sigurd Brutus Motor-

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

I didnt know that mapping and listening to metal were vices....

Blog Entries

Kevin, b. 1981

B.Sc. Computer Science, Advanced Diploma in GIS

I live on Vancouver Island in British Columbia. Currently looking for a GIS job and mapping local hiking trails for Open Street Map. I'm very much a FOSS/Linux geek, and have a particular love of Ruby. Although haven't played many tabletop games, it's not for lack of interest: I have a fairly significant, if unplayed GURPS library.

Well hi all. ive been away from the forums for a Bit but chippin in a again , im Brett and im From Australia, im 38 married with 2 kids, an Avid Pen and Pencil Gamer i still Play 2nd Edition D&D every friday night with the same group for 6 years now, all up been playin D&D since 1980 at least monthly or bi monthly , Played alot of othe rsystems and love to write. I come to the guild to learn the basics of what you guys do , im far from the talent here but i enjoy tryin when i get time. I love to design Sci - Fi craft.

Oh and im an Addict - to World of Warcraft that is

Born in 1973, living in the San Fransisco Bay Area, married in 1997 with 5 kid, we're a glutton for punishment, we love them very much. I'm a veteran role-player, story-teller, pursuing a future as a novelist. I would like to learn more about Campaign Cartographer so I can map the entire world of my books. Writing and story-telling is something I've done since I was a child and I'll do until the day I die, so I might as well make a career of it. My hobbies include writing, story-telling, reading, and playing World of Warcraft (I have the highest rated Warlock in the Horde faction on my server). My main focus is and has always been my stories. My wife is my best friend and collaborator. She's very supportive, a fan of my work and helps me sort out loose ends in my story ideas. I'm very blessed.
    Last edited by Nefilim; 11-19-2010 at 07:28 PM.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Hey Nefilim, good to see another Bay area person here! And five kids?!? Man, you DO like punishment.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456