Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Inquisition Games! :)

Default Hello from Inquisition Games! :)

i'm an independent rpg writer who is just about to have my first rpg in print in about a month's time. One of the biggest rpg shops in London has looked at what i've done so far on my game and have said they would like to stock it when it's finished. I need a map for my campaign setting as the one i have is just a medieval map which i've altered via some art software but it's only temporary till i can get something decent. Is anyone interested in helping me out? your map will be in my book and that book will be on sale in a major rpg outlet. I'm happy to pay for it

Please let me know asap, as my book is being published in a matter of weeks.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Tomas; 07-09-2010 at 02:09 PM.

Hi Tomas, I've moved your post to the maps requested forum for better visibility to people who do mapping commissions. Please read the sticky at the top of this subforum for the information that you should give if requesting a map to be drawn for you. (Saves lots of obvious questions being asked).

Welcome to the guild!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

hi all!

i may also require 3 additional city maps for the major ones in my campaign setting.

if nobody here wants to /is able to help me out, could someone suggest an illustrator or company that i could approach to have it done professionally?

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    hi all!

i may also require 3 additional city maps for the major ones in my campaign setting.

if nobody here wants to /is able to help me out, could someone suggest an illustrator or company that i could approach to have it done professionally?

thanks.
    Give it a wait, (you just posted today ). Alternately look at the finished/featured map forums and contact individuals directly. There are a number of professional and semi-professionals who frequent here. Most paid requests are snapped up with a day or two.

Also - I assume the maps are reworks of the ones on this page: http://maleficarum.weebly.com/ix-world.html ?

-Rob A>

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Hi Tomas, I'm sure there are plenty of folks interested, but it's easier to know if this is a project we're suited for if you include the information Ravells mentioned above. For example, which style(s) you prefer.

the game is a dark, low-fantasy rpg set in a mythical version of renaissance europe. i would like the style of the map to reflect this by being subtle in colour and look authentically medieval in it's styling. the map of erepou i've started i'd like to be used as a guideline to follow, regarding the placement of cities and such like. the actual maps of the cities themselves don't have any guide to follow. for those, i'll probably just give a list of few prominent buildings to include but the mapper is free to put them anywhere in the city they see fit.
    Last edited by Tomas; 07-09-2010 at 02:10 PM.

Tomas,

Just to clarify, you're looking for one medieval-style, atlas-ish regional map and three city maps, right? I bet if you link to maps similar in style to what you're looking for, that would go a long way. Maybe something like THIS map of Europe from 1360?
    Last edited by RecklessEnthusiasm; 07-07-2010 at 11:46 AM.

I've responded to your Email you sent me and quoted you a price, though I might not be the cheapest for ya, I'm still reasonable and experienced. I hope you find your best solution. Also regarding your mountains - I notice in your map mountains look isometric (from the side) rather than topdown mountains - I do both, which is your preference. I can make either look appropriately medieval.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast