Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Roman Tribunal

Here's my latest WIP. I made good progress on the Alps and got the border put in. I still need to go in and highlight the Alps though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roman-tribunal-wip-5.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	3.36 MB 
ID:	27698  
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

Blog Entries

My word, that is a lot of hills. :S

Map's looking real good. I don't envy you placing all those one bit. Hehe.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

This is looking fantastic.

This is coming along brilliantly! I love the style of hills and mountains, and I like the way that the overall style of the map fits together. There is nothing on the map that stands out as not fitting in with the rest of it. I am looking forward to seeing this finished!

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Looks really good. That's a lot of work in those hills and mountains and it really pays off.

I'd recommend not putting the light and dark border as an overlay over the map. The map has a hand-drawn/painted feel to it and there's no way it could be hand drawn to give that effect so it breaks the illusion a bit. I'd recommend placing that border over the plain parchment background instead.

That's a good call on the Border, Torstan. I changed it and I like it much better. All credit for the hills/mountains goes to Ramah (and vhailor27 for making the brushes).
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

This map is pretty much finished. I maybe have some fine tuning to do and need to check for spelling errors.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roman-tribunal-wip-7.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	3.62 MB 
ID:	27965  

My Albums - My Portfolio

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nicely done!!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Whoa, that's a lot of hills, rep for your patience in doing all that. One thing though, aren't there supposed to be some hills around Rome? I recall hearing Rome being called the city of seven hills, can't remember from where though; just a thought no big deal.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Rome's hills are within the old city area, and would be WAY too small to be visible on a map of this scale. Not that this is very relevant, since all the orogenic features on the map are clearly of unrealistic proportions anyway. I suppose a symbolic cluster of hills could be placed around Rome, but that might just end up looking messy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast