Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I make a multi-layered PDF for easy customization when printing?

Darn, maybe you're right, but I think it can do it with a plugin... Hm.

It's a feature right there in regular Acrobat's menu--surely it can be done!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm sure you can do it with Acrobat alone - I think it works when importing a layered file into it, then a dialogue box appears ... just found an article about 2 non-adobe programs working with acrobat http://www.planetpdf.com/creative/ar...ments&gid=6108
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I tried this morning to export files to layered pdfs. No problem with InDesign and Illustrator, but Photoshop doesn't work. Layered pdfs are possible since Acrobat 6/PDF 1.5.
    In PS you can just select if the layers will be used for the pdf, but the result is a single one. Tried in CS3. There are a lot of psd->pdf converters in the market, perhaps one of these can do it.

I checked in Acrobat Pro 6 at work, and you can't author layers in it, but it will create layers depending on the source when it converts, i.e. from visio or illustrator.

I took my "somethings cooking" map, composted it in visio using layers and rolled a pdf. Layers are icky to navigate but I found one can create booksmarks consisting of a layer view, so I have it set to open with bookmarks and the layer tab hidden.:
    Drawing1.zip

I can see some potential here.

-Rob A>

In Acrobat 9 Pro you can add layers. You can import the "usual" picture formats. I've made some screenshots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	26789   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	170.4 KB 
ID:	26788  

It would be absolutely brilliant for city mapping. Vector pdf output and layers...I'm salivating and finding out on the Serif boards whether we can do this on Drawplus...the lead developer says that it can, but I think he may be confusing it with something else...waiting for him to come back to me.

In Acrobat 9 Pro you can add layers. You can import the "usual" picture formats. I've made some screenshots.
    That settles it. If Serif can't do this then I'm buying Acrobat 9 pro.

Woo, glad we could work through this. I have to check out Serif software (drawplus?) now.

Lots of cool applications! Alternate layouts for cities, switchable grid between hex, square, or neither, alternate roads, alternate textures, untextured versions, removable city labels, addable and removable eye-candy, map overlays... I'm excited.

If for no other reason, it will be beneficial for distributing multi-leveled buildings.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast