Thread: The Cartographers' Guild Presents Our First Gallery Show!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Default The Cartographers' Guild Presents Our First Gallery Show!

The Cartographers' Guild has teamed up with the Soho Gallery for Digital Art to present a digital show of fantasy and sci-fi maps from the 16th to the 29th of July in Soho, Manhattan. The show will include maps from Industry Pros, Featured Maps and Challenge Winners from the lifetime of the Guild. The maps on display will be offered for sale as limited edition prints with 70% of the profit going to the artists in question. We have an amazing body of work here at the guild and it is high time it was seen hanging in a proper gallery!

I have been contacting members of the guild whose work falls into these categories over the past weeks. I've had a great response from everyone and I've sent round the contract to those members from whom I have had a firm commitment. If your work qualifies and you have not heard from me please send me an email at jonathan@fantasticmaps.com. Equally, if you responded to my initial contact and have not received a contract today then please email me. This is likely to be due to problems with syncing real world names with CG usernames.

Edit: The show has now opened and is doing really well. We had a great opening reception last night.

The full list of pieces - with thumbnails - is here:
    http://fantasticmaps.wordpress.com/t...a-map-listing/

A low res preview of the animated map screens is here:
    http://fantasticmaps.wordpress.com/terra-incognita/

Note - Tear's Westeros and Sarifal maps are in the show, but they are not offered for sale. Therefore they do not appear in the print listing.
    Last edited by torstan; 07-22-2010 at 03:00 PM.