Thread: Iron Age Celtic setting - my Ireland analog

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Iron Age Celtic setting - my Ireland analog

So while working on several publication projects, I've been working on the side with another setting intended for publication, perhaps next year. I call the setting - Keld: Iron Age Celtic setting. In development I didn't need a map yet as I have been developing player character classes, the laws of Keld, the mythology - mostly world building stuff. But I finally wanted to see what my world will look like.

I've just created my Ireland analog (Hibernia?), which is just a small corner of the intended setting as I plan to build an entire Western Europe analog. Basically these are Celts of multiple regions, other analogs will be Celtiberia, Gaul, Britain, and a much larger Caledonia/Scandanavia region, which will comprise the wilderness region. This is a fantasy version of the analog, but is a pre-Roman world of mostly Celtic tribes. There is a Mycenaean/Etruscan analog as well, but that is for a further campaign down the road.

I decided to do a "Mike Schley" style in my mountains for a change - blended with my own style.

Of course, as usual in my hand-drawn style with bevels and coloring in Xara Xtreme Pro. Lots more to do, but I wanted to see something, so this is just a start...

Enjoy!

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hybernia.jpg 
Views:	1112 
Size:	703.3 KB 
ID:	26765  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations