Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Belgariad/Mallorean Fan Project

Beautiful Map, but you forgot the enormous mountain looming over the city of Kell in the Sounern Malorean continent

Love this map! Makes me want to pick up the books again

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

I've been trying to recreate this sea for two years. I recently got as close as I think I'm ever going to get, and this time I took good notes.

The attachment on the left is a piece of the original sea layer, and the attachment on the right is what I currently have.

Is it worth posting as a mini-tutorial?

//Edit: The last time I was here we didn't have these fancy linkbacks ... that movie trailer is WAY cool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	original.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	2.70 MB 
ID:	68405   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	experiment.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	2.77 MB 
ID:	68406  
    Last edited by Gidde; 10-16-2014 at 07:38 PM.

Post Amazing, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    Requested by a family member, this map is based on the Belgariad and Mallorean series by David (and Leigh) Eddings.

Most of the work was done in GIMP, but the ocean texture was almost exclusively done in Photoshop, and the heightmap was edited in Wilbur.

Special kudos to everyone who helped me improve greatly upon what I had thought was a nearly-finished product. THANKS!

A full res version is available in my Dropbox at: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2913734/belgariadFullRes.jpg

As I own nothing about this map, feel free to use it in whatever capacity you like, providing that you respect the original authors'/artists' copyrights. (Read: feel free to print it and put it on your wall, use it in your game, etc. but don't claim it as your own or try to make money off of it.)
    This is amazing! the dropbox link didnt work for me, but I was able to get the full res one from your deviantart page to use as a reference as i re-read the series again!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123