Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Eino, My First Map

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    There are issues with the thumbnailer (is that a word?) since the last forum upgrade. Other than it being a known issue, I can't tell you what the status is on getting it fixed. Just letting you know it isn't anything you've done wrong.
    Okay, thanks. Apparently it's been fixed, though, so no more worry!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    Bravo on the guts (and work) to incorporate base12 I've been toying with the idea of base8 for my world, but usually come to the conclusion that it's too much work
    Well, it definitely did take a little bit of work, but I'm pretty determined that base 12 is overall superior to base 10. Too bad we have 10 fingers, which is likely why most cultures came up with base 10 as they were developing. So, I was willing to do the math. It ended up actually not being as difficult as I expected, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    looking good, I'll have to take a closer look on the real screen tonight.
    Thanks! I look forward to hearing what you think!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    That is looking great. I really love the texture of your map, zoomed in it's got a really nice feel.
    Thanks! I kind of adapted my own version of RobA's "Creating Old Parchment" tutorial, and I like how it came out.
    Žentaňwes lekjetkom nen řiniŧom.

My WIP
    My DeviantArt

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

The outer glow is a little overpowering over the lakes and oceans; you may want to blur those ones more so that there's a more gradual transition to the light beneath the text from the surrounding darkness. That's just a nitpick though, it really is looking great!

Wip

I was thinking about that, and I'm not sure why I didn't do anything about it before you mentioned that. It was an easy enough fix. I think it's fixed now. It certainly looks better.

By the way, I forgot to mention in my previous post a few things about the labels. First of all, the letter [j] is pronounced like in German, like the English consonantal [y], the letter [q] is pronounced further back in the throat than [k], as it is in Arabic, and the letter [c] is the voiced version of [q] (meaning it sounds like a [g] but further back in the throat). If you're interested in figuring out all of the pronunciations, what the runes are, and perhaps even the grammar, I've uploaded a pdf of an overview of the language. If you have any comments on the language, those are welcome, too.

Also, there are five names which pop up a bunch on the map: Joesht/Jöštö, Lazhdo/Laždo, Vynaesh/Vynäšö, Qolt/Qolto, and Ngutevro/Ňutevřo. These are the five deities of the inhabitants of the area. Joesht is the goddess of water and health, Lazhdo is the god of the forest and death, Vynaesh is the goddess of nature (which includes the harvest) and fertility (which includes birth), Qolt is the god of air, weather, knowledge, and wisdom, and Ngutevro is the god of the earth and strength (not just physical, but also mental, emotional, etc.).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eino Old Map.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	27653   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eino Old Map Eindo.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	27654   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eino Old Map Eindo Runes.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	27655   Eindo.pdf  
    Žentaňwes lekjetkom nen řiniŧom.

My WIP
    My DeviantArt

I haven't really had the time to read thorugh all the langauge pdf but as a person who also trying to create their own langauge I sya bravo to all of the ffort you've put into it. It really gives the map that extra layer of depth. Rep!

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345