Thread: Map of a nation for a fantasy game.

Default Map of a nation for a fantasy game.

Hi. I'm working on a D&D campaign, and it would be really cool to have a map of the region where the game will be set. Since I have the artistic ability of a one-armed fruit bat, I have come to beg the favour of you fine folk in the guild.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	outline.png 
Views:	77 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	26800

This is a rough outline of the region. The bit circled in red is the approximate area of the nation the game is set in and the most important part; everything outside it could easily be dropped. The black line is 200 kilometres. As you can see, it's lacking, well, most details. The central river with the seven cities around it is the backbone of the empire, so that's sketched in, but the rest is mostly empty and open to interpretation. Of the remaining, smaller cities only the placement of the one on the southern tributary is significant.

Regarding style: Beggars can't be choosers, and I like lots of different styles anyway. It's a fantasy game, though, so preferably not modern atlas style. Would be great if it could be a map that could potentially exist in the setting.

As for quality and scale: as long as I can print it out on an A4 paper and have it look good, I'm happy.

The artist will retain all rights. I just want to print it out and use it in my game.

Thanks for your attention.

Wow, that map is so vague, if you wanted to just use it for your private game, I'd be tempted to just download a map from the finished section, drop a pm to the author out of courtesy to ask if you can use it (he/she is almost certainly going to say yes) import it into something like paint and stamp 7 cities on a river.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Honestly I think there's already seven cities on the main river in my Velaedin Empire map, all you'd have to do is rotate it so that the river ran east/west instead of north/south ... or just rotate the compass

Thanks for the replies. Someone off the site has offered to do this, so this request can be archived now.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I've marked it as taken.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps