Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cartographer's Guild Userstyle

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

No worries, BJ, it's cool. I gathered that you were trying to be proactive instead of just complaining. So whenever you get it done show us a screenie.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by bjzaba View Post
    Sorry dudes I feel really bad now. I thought rather than just complaining I'd actually try to do something about it. I'll still work on it as a little project, and I'll post some screenshots soon.

It's just a userstyle, so you wouldn't have to use it if you didn't want to.
    As one of thew folks who does wrestle with the site's look and feel, I'm happy to consider suggestions and have made improvements based on them in the past.

Please do post a grab of your browser to show off. (I'm not prepared to install another firefox extension that would provide minimal day to day value to me.)

-Rob A>

Sure will. I'm a visual person myself, so I completely understand. I would feel happier posting it once I have done a header image mind you, and that will take a little time.

Just a little of what I've done so far. I'm not showing the rest because I haven't finished yet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cartographers_ Guild - The Front Page.png 
Views:	60 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	26848  

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

so basicly the same, but with round corners... come on - you can do better than that

and I don't think there was no need for taking offence in your posting - you said it nicely enough, although I might agree with the fact that your first posts inhere is about changing the design, I'd probably started by introducing myself in the "Member Introductions", then debated a little so people would get to know me first
    Last edited by tilt; 07-10-2010 at 02:18 AM.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I've fixed the width at 1020 px. I'm gonna make the background light and the text black. Everything will be designed to a grid (design jargon), and the icons will be replaced with map symbols. All-in-all I'm aiming for a less cluttered layout with more considered typography. Still much more work to go.

I'm not aiming to completely reinvent it, just clean it up and make it more inviting (lets hope I can last the distance, hehe).
    Last edited by bjzaba; 07-10-2010 at 02:28 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12