Thread: A little sloop...

Guild Adept Facebook Connected

Default A little sloop...

So; I have been playing with GIMP a little more and here is a little sloop I drew over the Week-End... It gave me the opportunity to play with shadows and light elements...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Présentation2.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	37672

Guild Applicant

This looks great, but I have a question. It looks like you put stairs up to the helm, but shouldn't there then be a room for the captain under that area? Or did you intend for it to be a part of the storage area? I'd love this if it had the captain's quarters there.

A sloop typically has no raised deck aft.
    Remove the stair, move the helm forward a little and convert the aft 'deck' to a captain's cabin with a simple roof.

As a 17th Century ship type, cannon on the main deck would be appropriate.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected

Thanks for the kind words and advices...

Yeah, initially, the idea came from a campaign. I was attending my players to travel between island and just give it "they find a ship and island hop" in my script.
    Of course, as is typical with players, they spent the better part of two hours looking for exactly the right ship. Small, fast and nimble to escape troubles with a "trustworthy yet discrete captain". Then they went on to argue the price...

By the end, the ship and crew had taken a bit of a personality and I decided to re-use it later and make them a plan...

One of the reason I didn't put a proper captain's cabin is that I had originally improvised that the captain was sleeping in a tent raised at the aft, but yeah, it's probably a good idea to add a cabin now...