Thread: Acacia Games site up, products announced...

Default Acacia Games site up, products announced...

Hi everybody,
    I've been working for a while now on some products for Paizo's Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. It's a small step but I have finally made my website live (link) and wanted to share if anyone's interested in checking it out. I have a few products in development but the two I have announced so far are:

1) Curse of the Emperor's Stone is an adventure about an artifact: The Emperor’s Stone. While this long-lost treasure of the First Emperor offers its bearer, over time, great power, it often brings more woe than weal. When one of the adventure’s heroes, through an unfortunate series of events, winds up becoming the artifact’s “Chosen One” he and his associates quickly find themselves on a run-away rickshaw ride that just won’t end…at least until they find a way to rid themselves of the Emperor’s Stone once and for all.

2) Haibianr - The City of Ten-Thousand Alleyways is a city setting book covering the cosmopolitan city of Haibianr - an independent city-state, located on the northeastern coast of Dazhou, that is the “Gateway to the West” for Shijie’s eastern civilizations. It details all facets of life in Haibianr, information on the city by district as well as surrounding areas of interest, people and organizations, the city’s long history, as well as secrets for the Game Master’s eyes only. The book also includes a collection of generic and named NPCs that can be found within the city, random encounters by district, a Haibianr-specific bestiary, and a pronunciation guide.

There's not an ETA on these but I'm hoping CotES will be ready in the Fall, at least. Until then, please come by the site for a quick look - and then check back for news and previews as they become available. If you'd like to register I'll put you on our mailing list, but will bug you for only important stuff...promise!
    M

Edit: @Mods - if this seems too much like spam please feel free to move/delete it.

Cool - might belong in the "News" area but I wish you success in this endeavor. I will go check out your site as well.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Thanks. Much appreciated. Didn't post in news because it says for "site admins and cartography industry pros"...an elite group to which I do not yet belong!
    M

Ah, you read better than I do in that case. I support your decision
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Well, I tried to check it out, but it appears to be down for maintainence...

Sorry. That was me. I'm new to Joomla and was trying to add a development blog section but didn't want to visibly break anything so I shut it down temporarily. Got it working and the first post there in process...but everything else is back up now if you want to retry. Thanks for looking!
    M

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mearrin69 View Post
    Thanks. Much appreciated. Didn't post in news because it says for "site admins and cartography industry pros"...an elite group to which I do not yet belong!
    M
    well the definition of a pro is one who makes money on what he does - right?

"The word professional traditionally means a person who has obtained a degree in a professional field. The term professional is used more generally to denote a white collar working person, or a person who performs commercially in a field typically reserved for hobbyists or amateurs."

so when you entered the market - you became a pro

good luck with the endeavor
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Hi all,
    If anyone's interested, I just posted a small preview of Curse of the Emperor's Stone, an upcoming adventure from Acacia Games. You can read it here.

Curse of the Emperor's Stone is an adventure about an artifact: The Emperor’s Stone. While this long-lost treasure of the First Emperor offers its bearer, over time, great power, it often brings more woe than weal. When one of the adventure’s heroes, through an unfortunate series of events, winds up becoming the artifact’s “Chosen One” he and his associates quickly find themselves on a run-away rickshaw ride that just won’t end…at least until they find a way to rid themselves of the Emperor’s Stone once and for all.

Also recently posted a brief introduction to Shijie, the campaign world where this adventure is set. You can read that post here.

Hope you like it!
    M

@mods: Again, if this is too spammy please delete/move it...