Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Map of the Continent of Gurn

Default Map of the Continent of Gurn

Hello Cartographers!

I am looking for a skilled cartographer to create a map of the continent of Gurn which is part of the campaign setting that I am creating. Any help would be great and appreciated. I'd like whoever would generously do this for me to read my descriptions that I set down of Gurn and create the map from their own imaginative viewpoint. You can find the little of my campaign setting that I have set down here:

http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/arthekor

Rough Paint of Gurn (As well as I can make it that is.)

Description of Map
    • I'd like the map to be look like the Faerun map that I linked below in terms of Style and that pretty much describes how I imagine the map looking. However I wouldn't need it nearly as big as this is simply a small continental map.

Time Constraints

* No real time limits. I'd like to not wait a long amount of time. (More than two weeks.) But I'm asking for free skilled labor so I am flexible.

Quality & Size

* I'd appreciate a quality map.
    * I don't really know what to ask size-wise. It simply needs to be big enough that all features, geographical and otherwise can be seen clearly. (Example: http://www.mythopoeicpress.com/fr_faerun_overview.jpg)

Obviously more information can be given when required.

Thanks,
    Dndungeoneer
    Last edited by Dndungeoneer; 07-11-2010 at 08:15 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

That's a lot of work for no pay but maybe someone wants the practice so good luck.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Just added a map that I made to illustrate briefly sort of what Gurn looks like.

I thought I would try a new style and some new brush tricks, but it didn't turn out nearly as well as I'd hoped--too embarassing to post. It is, however, the first time I've ever thought to myself "wow, this would have been way easier and turned out better if I'd had a tablet."

Might try again and post my work tomorrow!
    Last edited by RecklessEnthusiasm; 07-15-2010 at 03:07 PM.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

What's the scale?

Well, from the fork of the Winspur, I'd like it to take about 5 days of traveling to get there by foot. I'm really horrible with scale, I'm sorry.

Okay this one is slightly less embarrassing. I haven't quite finished yet, but this is what I've got so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gurn 2.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	285.1 KB 
ID:	27126  

Blog Entries

I think you pretty much nailed it. The only difference I see is the perspective on the mountains. In the original it is top down instead of (ISO? not sure if that is the correct term.).

Wow, Reckless, that's really good! You said you aren't done, but it already looks great! I appreciate your efforts very much! The perspective of the mountains, I like better in Reckless' rendering. Only feature I can really see missing is the East Hills before one reaches the Meldic Coast. The one thing I forgot to add to my example map was the river that flows through the Forest of the Emerald-Wash, called the Emerald-Wash.
    Last edited by Dndungeoneer; 07-16-2010 at 10:26 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast