I found this site by accident when looking for some brushes for GIMP. I used to use Dundjinni for my mapping, but that laptop broke down and I have been to lazy to get it fixed. My other computer is Ubuntu and Mac, so I am trying to learn how to do the same in GIMP.

I do mapping for my brothers D&D games. I just like it. I am playing in a friends new game and we were given a large sum of gold to build a stronghold. Now I am re-learning GIMP when I am used to CS5 at work. Gack! I would hand-draw, but I am not very good with that paper and pencil stuff. Funny.

I have browsed the forums and there are a lot of great examples and tutorials which gives me hope that doing what I want to do in GIMP is possible. I have several posts bookmarked for some iPad reading. Maybe someday I will be able to contribute good advice. Until then I can only gape in amazement at what I see and practice and thank the Internet gods for allowing me to find this place.

I do not have anything interesting to say. Roleplaying is my only hobby, but I do skydive every now and then and enjoy listening to all types of music, especially metal.

It is nice to meet you all!