Thread: Hello Everyone

Guild Applicant

Default Hello Everyone

I found this site by accident when looking for some brushes for GIMP. I used to use Dundjinni for my mapping, but that laptop broke down and I have been to lazy to get it fixed. My other computer is Ubuntu and Mac, so I am trying to learn how to do the same in GIMP.

I do mapping for my brothers D&D games. I just like it. I am playing in a friends new game and we were given a large sum of gold to build a stronghold. Now I am re-learning GIMP when I am used to CS5 at work. Gack! I would hand-draw, but I am not very good with that paper and pencil stuff. Funny.

I have browsed the forums and there are a lot of great examples and tutorials which gives me hope that doing what I want to do in GIMP is possible. I have several posts bookmarked for some iPad reading. Maybe someday I will be able to contribute good advice. Until then I can only gape in amazement at what I see and practice and thank the Internet gods for allowing me to find this place.

I do not have anything interesting to say. Roleplaying is my only hobby, but I do skydive every now and then and enjoy listening to all types of music, especially metal.

It is nice to meet you all!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome to the Guild!

Looking forward to seeing your maps when you're ready! Don't forget that you can post your works in progress here and get advice along the way. That's a very good way to learn as you can get your advice in small steps.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hi voideater ... welcome .. .and as ravells said post your works in progress and get help getting them as you want them
    Last edited by tilt; 07-14-2010 at 07:48 AM.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Welcome to the Guild!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.