Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: July 2010 Entry : The Solur Nexedifice of Kharaghan

It really came together well. I find the blue stuff behind the text distracting, but everything else is very cool. Reminds me of a brochure for a resort or perhaps the Solur Nexedifice investment prospectus.
    Last edited by Aval Penworth; 07-28-2010 at 11:11 PM.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Hrm, the clutter is reflected sky/clouds on the gold surface of the mounting. It's possibly a bit late in the day but I'll see if I can re-render with smoother gold, see if it makes it clearer. I was going to put some blurb in about the plaque always magically reflecting blue sky and clouds regardless of where it is viewed but I'd written enough already and it seemed superfluous.

And, yes, Aval, it is esssentially a kind of "propaganda" / tourist plaque! Part of me was thinking about those sort of postcards you can buy with several small images rather than one big one. TIme to heat up the computers again!
    Cheers!
    --
    "I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"

My Finished Stuff
    ............. Some of my 3D Stuff (POVRay)

It took this long and I have a sneaky suspicion I've probably messed up something but can't see it!
    I think you're right Aval, and ravells, I think the text is clearer here, so seeing that this forum isn't locked off yet...
    Thanks for the critique!

### LATEST WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FINAL 004a 16.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	4.31 MB 
ID:	27580  
    --
    "I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"

My Finished Stuff

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Yeah, that's much easier to read.

I was right about missing something and Aval very kindly pointed it out to me. At least I hope I corrected the same things as he spotted! There were a couple of crimson background patches showing from behind both the inset images and the border
    Thanks Aval !

### Winner ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FINAL 004b 18.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	4.63 MB 
ID:	27589
    Last edited by ChickPea; 08-26-2018 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Added Winner tag
    --

My Finished Stuff

Blog Entries

Interesting read this. Its very hard to map something on a cliff and get a sense of depth to it and this seems to have achieved it very well. You have all the attachments and wip tags fine btw. This one is a strong entrant tho the competition is all pretty strong this month. Good luck with it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456