Thread: Schataria

Map Schataria

Greetings all!

This is the continent of Schataria. It is one continent of four in this world. It's made up of 3 nations lead by 3 different races (humans, dwarves, and elves). Overall, Schataria is a beautiful continent with strong trees, rolling plains, and crystal clear flowing rivers, lakes and waterfalls. Don't let its beauty fool you though. For dangers lurk throughout the land...

This was my first map and my first time using photoshop. This project was mainly to get myself used to using the software and to learn the ropes of cartography. I've learned so much since I started this project and I have to give the credit to this community. The tutorials I used were great and helped tremendously. If you're just starting out, I recommend taking a look at these threads Quickstart guide by Ravells and Realistic coastlines by Old Guy

Thankfully the finished map turned out pretty good I think and I may be able to use it for the final project which is a video game. I still have to make the World Map, the other three continents, All the country maps, and all the city and dungeon maps. so I have alot of work ahead of me, but once it is all finished you will be able to click on a continent which will bring up the map of that continent and its countries. you can then click on one of the countries to bring up a detailed map of that country. then you will be able to click in the large cities and dungeons.

Here is the link to the WIP thread WIP Thank you everyone who gave suggestions and commented
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Schataria3.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	27007  

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

looks good! I especially like the mountains.

That's the way it should go: A first idea (or here first map) in the WIP section and a great development of the map. Well done Slylok!

An excellent map, very visually pleasing, just the right amount of detail for the way it is presented IMO. Very nice labeling too and a nice rustic feel. I like it alot.

Thank you all for your kind remarks and the rep Looking at this map on my laptop it seems that I still did not get the blue color quite right. I'll have to fix that another time.

For now, I'm still debating on what Map to do next. Should I go for the more detailed country maps...or the world map which will still be detailed, but the detail will be the art surrounding the landmasses. decisions decisions.
    Our sense of the stability of the earth is an illusion due to the shortness of our lives.
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson

The mountains and cliffs are absolutely stunning. Nicem map! It goes right into my favs folder.

some rep from me,
    Quabbe