Thread: Looking for bare-bone map for internet Mighty Empires application

Post Looking for bare-bone map for internet Mighty Empires application

Hello good people. I have been looking around and like what I see ! Your maps are all beautifull and I would love to to "steal" them.

For my use they have a "flaw" though - they are too detailed. I am planning to code the old Mighty Empires campaign set to use for an online campaign (the plan is that many different groups will be able to use the site to run their campaigns).

Now for this I need a beautifull map which I can overlay with hexes and then overlay with symbols for cities, armies, etc. This need to be done at runtime, so each campaign can have its own setup.

I know it may seem like I'm asking "do this for me", but I think you guys already have my solution as the map im refering to would actually be a WIP for you guys.
    I assume that symbols like cities, and names for places are added at the very end of the process. Does any of you have your maps before these things where added.

It depends on the detail of the map (local, regional, world) and the style you are looking for (photo-realistic, outline, heightmap colouring).

There are a number of "random world map generators" such as the one mentioned in this thread in the reference forum (Dire Press) that can create some nice random world maps (big, too) in a variety of colour schemes...

-Rob A>