Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greetings. Some CC3 map: Erdan

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    Very nice maps Medio. These are some great examples of what's possible with CC3 (and maybe some postwork with Photoshop).
    The first map has a style that was actually developed by Clercon, one of the members of the guild.
    Hey Gandwarf, didnīt know it was a Guild member who made the Fantasy Worlds style, i guess i must congratulate him when i see him, itīs a very interesting style which offers many possibilities. Erdan map has none PS work as i (and Ralf) wanted as a pure CC3 map; Ancoria one has some PS effects, but really nothing that couldnīt be done with CC3, although i prefer PS for postwork usually, even if iīm not a master of PS.

By the way, lovely tutorials and city style. Props to you!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by Gallifreyan View Post
    Wow those are some very nice maps, 5 stars. You did a very good job with the coastlines and continent shapes. My favorite map is the Ancoria & Tirgan map, I like the hand drawn style.

The river next to "Basset" on the Erden looks kinda straight and I noticed that there is a lake on top of another lake near "Taresia".
    Youīre right on both things; itīs odd about the "double lake", i will take the small one. Humm and yeah, i guess iīll work a bit on that river. I wanted it straight but not as much, i used Nile as that riverīs example. Actually, i want to work on ALL rivers, iīm not too sold on the colour, i want to put a narrow dark blue line and also some width reduction, but up to now i didnīt find a solution that i like it. This is an unfinished map actually, maybe i shouldnīt have posted on this section , i also have to add capitol cities and more. But wedding time is approaching so i wonīt probably edit it until September or so. Thanks a lot in anyways for such tips, thatīs precisely what i was looking for, along some advices for improving the map.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12