Good morning all,
I thought it high time I stop in and actually introduce myself despite the fact that I've been a registered lurker for the last year. I registered last July as part of an ongoing project of mine that's reaching back twenty years. I've been working on a world for fantasy adventure since high school. As is the nature of worlds it's evolved and metamorphosed over the years, some ideas being dropped by the wayside others becoming streamlined and clarified. I've always wanted to map the world but never had a clear idea of what and where I wanted to go with it. After getting involved with the great community over at the Trollbridge I started looking for a means to move my vision forward. That's when I discovered the Cartographer's Guild.

For the most part, I've spent my time exploring various tutorials and building my understanding of how real world features come to be and how the artistry that is cartography can be used to depict such landscapes. One of my favorite pastimes here has been to simply reload the main page and explore the new random images that are presented. It's easy to get lost in the maps that show up and then link into someone's gallery.

Thank you for creating such a wonderful place to explore and learn.

ProfGremlin