Thread: The World Of Trexlin: A 3d hand sculpted map I did for Platinum Lion Group's RPG

Professional Artist Mutant Lord's Avatar

Post The World Of Trexlin: A 3d hand sculpted map I did for Platinum Lion Group's RPG

I was pretty excited this morning to get an email from one of my clients showing how he used a hand sculpted 3d map that I did for their World of Trexlin.
    He made a video with a hired narrator to give a bit of a tour of the map's locations, and I was so impressed with the production values that I decided to become a backer for this Kick Starter project.

Anyhow as a cartographer and illustrator, it is always nice to see how something is used once in the hands of the client.

Here is the link if youa re interested in seeing it: http://kck.st/aNDhw8

Best regards to all here,
    Will
    William McAusland aka Mutant Lord
    Author, Artist and Publisher

web site http://www.mutantepoch.com

"The Mutant Epoch is about humankind's attempt to reclaim some semblance of civilization, calling upon its best and boldest to uncover the lost knowledge and power of the old ones."

Hey, that's pretty cool
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Very interesting...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

very nice... great little tour
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Hi
    Earlier it's bit difficult to draw a sculpture in 3 D. With the advent of Geographical Information systems and CAD Plotting it's become bit easier now a days. I appreciate you for the work you did

nice job, it's a very well done map and I hope that the project is successful.

Guild Applicant

Really nice map! It looks great - and the video tour seems really well done. I just took a look at the Kickstarter site - and that looks pretty cool as well. I think I may drop over there and pledge some support for the project. I'd really like to get my hands on a hard copy of that map! Thanks!