Thread: Hello!

Default Hello!

Oops, I just realized that I never posted any introduction of myself here even though I began working on stuff here about two or three weeks ago!

I have admittedly never made a map before. Ever. Other than those little hand-drawn ones on napkins for directions, of course, but those are always thrown away and most certainly not considered works of art. However, I've been ConLanging for a good year or two now, and I've recently been working on one that I have actually gotten rather far with. However, it was getting to the point in my vocabulary creation at which the culture of the speakers influences the way words may be created. Thus began my first venture into basic ConCulture. However, I realized that it's difficult to have a ConCulture without having a ConWorld (or at least a portion of one), which requires mapping the area in question. Suddenly, I was thrust into a world of mapmaking. So, I searched online, looking for tips and tricks for how to make a good looking map, and I found myself at the pearly gates of this forum. Well, as I said, I've been here now for two or three weeks, and I'm quite astonished at how much I'm enjoying creating this map of the land of Eino in which my ConLanguage Eindo is spoken (by the way, you can find the WIP thread for the map that I'm working on here). Thus I'm thinking that even when I finish this particular map, I somehow don't think it will be my last.
    Žentaňwes lekjetkom nen řiniŧom.

My WIP
    My DeviantArt

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Belated welcome, although we've met in your WIP thread

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Mapping is like crack - addictive as hell. Hi, my name is Ascension and I'm a map addict (nice to meet you Ascension). Or like Lays potato chips - you can't eat just one. Just have fun with it and good luck to ya. Glad to have ya here.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

maybe we shall have a "best map made with lays" contest ... and yep, addictive hobby... welcome
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave