Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Temple of Guinness (dnd 4e)

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Looks good. The one thing I'd make sure to include at this point is a gradient on the stairs to show which way they go. So in this case a black -> transparent gradient starting at the bottom of the stairs going up should do the trick.

If you're willing for others to use it, then you can CC license it. If you follow the link in my sig you'll find a website with more information about open use licenses.

Like the outdoor lighing and the new torches. Good stuff!

Guild Member

Here's a rough of the 1st Level.

I was going to break this up into three separate battle maps, but since I can fit more than half on on one flip-mat there was allot of overlap. I'm just going to make one map and try to use my best judgement at the gametable on what to draw when.

1. Front door, foyer. Two secret doors that run back to the murder holes and to the treasury (4). The northern secret door has been blocked by rubble, well know to the Yuan-ti. The other is open, if found.

For my game: The Yuan-ti know the party is coming, but don't know when. They'll be a lookout at one of the murder holes who will fallback to warn those at rooms 3 and 4. They won't attack from there unless the party rests there. Party could use it as their own ambush spot if clever.

2. Open area. Once used for training, trade, and other general purposes. Now, filled with broken crates, loose flagstones, and bits of stone rubble. Door to 3 is locked.

3. Temple. Two temples have been half destroyed. One to Bane still standing. Yuan-ti have carved the image of a giant snake on the wall behind the altar. Some kind of area effect. Many broken, some not broken, stone benches.

4. Once an armory, now a treasury. Spiral staircase going up. Secret side treasury.

5. Guard rooms (not in use)

6. Murder holes linking to secret tunnels.

7. Bedrooms. Area will be used for an encounter. Two large soldiers, three medium artillery. If Party does not get surrounded they can try to use the side passage to force the soldiers to squeeze. Artillery dart in and out of rooms.

8. Old master bedroom.

9. Old dining area.

10. Old kitchen, with secret passage.

11. Once workshops and training areas. Now used for experiments, sometimes for prisoners. Pools of acid, rubble, maybe a pit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Level1Rough.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	27213  

Guild Member

Here's a new rough. Walls in place for level 1. Need to add doors, torches, lighting, outside grass and mountains, and some hazards.

I like the mix of symmetry with asymmetry, and the geometric shapes some of which unintentionally remind me of keys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Level1Rough02.png 
Views:	468 
Size:	4.05 MB 
ID:	27245  

Guild Member

Thats a good point. Another though I had this morning, is that I don't think I'll put doors in all the places that doors are meant to be. The dwarves haven't been here for 800-ish years. The other occupants weren't the preserving sort.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123