Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: quick simpe photoshop question

Question quick simpe photoshop question

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how i can move my image on top of the old paper texture onto my image and make it look like the landmasses were drawn on top of it? i tried moving the layers but when i move the old texture on my image its 600X400 and i dont know how to stretch it to fit my image
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Old_Paper_by_struckdumb.jpg 
Views:	3712 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	27221  

You don't want to stretch anything if you can help it—it seldom looks good, but if you do want to resize a layer, select it, then go to Edit > Free Transform (Ctrl+T). When you mouse over the little box at one of the corners of the layer, you'll get a diagonal double arrow icon; that indicates that you can resize in both dimensions. Hold down shift to restrain the shape so it doesn't distort. Alternately, you can enter exact values in the tool settings bar.

Once you've got your lines over the paper, play with the blend modes a bit. If you've got black or dark grey lines, I recommend using the multiply blend mode; it usually does a great job of making the lines look like they're drawn on the paper instead of having been placed above it.

If you decide you need a larger paper texture, do a search in the tutorials forum—I seem to recall that there are a number of good tutorials on creating distressed paper and parchment.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Just as an addition to that (BTW nice paper texture by the looks of it)...

If you want a small amount of "ink bleed" then I would suggest you create two extra layers. Duplicate the "Map" layer, then Gaussian blur it by about 5-10px depending on scale of the image and the amount of bleed you want the ink to give. Create a new layer and fill it with solid cloud noise (at the highest detail settings), set it to maybe and overlay or a "lighten only" (ask the Photoshop guys a but more about this) then merge them and set the new ink-bleed layer to maybe 75% opacity. It should let the original line strongly come through but also include some slightly randomised ink-bleeding type edges.
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

ok here it is what do y'all think

Question

ok here it is is it good how can i improve this

Name:	soan on parchment smaller.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	2.65 MB 
ID:	27249  

From the point of view of putting the map against a textured background you've succeeded. In terms of improving it, what sort of style are you ultimately looking for?

Question

ok now ive been messing around and i made myself some borders that i plan to apply to my map ans i was wondering how i can get the colors like transparent or just on the outline sorta like this

Name:	Asien_1905.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	27250  

Map

the great borders

Name:	SOAN with borders.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	232.1 KB 
ID:	27254  

this is how want it eventually with gthe borders colored in

Name:	kabe28l.jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	230.1 KB 
ID:	27255  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast