Thread: quick/dirty city: Rhodec

Guild Apprentice

Post quick/dirty city: Rhodec

I had only 2 weeks to meld an unfinished worldbuilding project into a GURPS setting and begin game play. I used quick and dirty methods for the battle maps.
    here I do the same in the city design.

I used an infinite plain in vue enable sea level adjusted till I found a coast line I liked. then mixed and mashed airial images of cities (google earth, nasa etc.)
    used layer masks and blending modes to place the features i liked onto the terrain.
    photoshop paths and layerstyles to create the city walls.

quick and dirty city, with reasonable results. with more time the possibilities look pretty good.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rohdec-districts.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	826.2 KB 
ID:	27463Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rohdec-no-dist.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	870.0 KB 
ID:	27464

included standard map general locations etc, and a district division map(noble district, temple district, wharf district etc.)

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

For a quick and dirty, that's not bad 't all I'd love to see what you do with it if you decide to detail it more.

You weren't kidding about the dirty look, really reminds of those old world war 2 pictures taken from aircraft; bombs away. Very nice work

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Guild Novice

I realy like the "quick and dirty" style. Good work! The coastline and surrounding terrain looks very nice, and everything fits together realy good.
    I think that I will have to dust of some of my old (hopefully not all forgotten) photoshop skills and try something like this just for fun.