Thread: My First Finished Map-- Brittanis in GIMP

Post My First Finished Map-- Brittanis in GIMP

Just like the title says. Many thanks to Ascension, whose tutorial I bastardized to help get myself off and running in the world of mapping.

For those who care to check it out, the wiki for Brittanis is here, and my gaming blog, The Action Point, will have postings of my latest thoughts and ideas on it. I look forward to hearing from you. Critique, suggestions, and constructive criticism appreciated. I already know I want to find a different, less realistic and more line-art style for forests and mountains. I just don't know how to do it yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BRITTANIS_GIMP2.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	27467  

This would probably, imo, be a better fit in the WIP regional map thread/forum: http://www.cartographersguild.com/fo...-World-Mapping

The colors are nice. I sense a lot of potential in the map.

However, I'm no expert on rivers, but some of yours don't really make any sense. For example, the one at Loch Terminus is very, very strange. Does the river flow from a lake, up a mountain, down the mountain, then into the ocean? You have to admit, that's pretty bizarre

Also, do you have any examples of the kind of map you'd like yours to be more like? Might be helpful to have something to show others, they could give you some tips and help you figure out how to get what you want.
    Last edited by dystmesis; 07-26-2010 at 02:32 AM.