Thread: Another game impresses me with it's possibilities for map making...

Default Another game impresses me with it's possibilities for map making...

Just Cause 2 has, in my mind, a phenomenal landscape. Snow-capped mountains, rugged stone valleys, beautiful emerald valleys/hills/mountains, desert area, etc...

This online representation of the world (using tiles of the in-game map) is also interesting: http://www.maplib.net/fullmap.php?id=8630

It uses the "Avalanche Engine 2.0"...here are a few in-game action shots: http://www.google.ca/images?q=Avalan...w=1680&bih=897

The in-game map and the in-game real-world match up very nicely.

Alas, no map editor yet....but fingers are crossed here.

Professional Artist

Ack, the first thing I noticed is the rivers going all the way across the island.

But yeah, the roads look nice.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

oh yeah.. lots of river violations there - they should take a class here at the guild .... otherwise looking cool
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

@ Tilt Is it not possible for a continent to split, leaving a gap that fills with seawater?

As for the map, very nice in places, but the plastic wrap effect on the north east island is over the top.
    Last edited by Aval Penworth; 07-22-2010 at 09:33 PM.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

One of the goals in the game is to fly under 100 or so bridges...they needed lots of rivers for that I guess

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

*lol* ... yes, sounds like they have a need for lots of rivers.
    @aval - I would say so - an earthquake might split a continent and create a new water mass. But then it isn't a river, its a sea ... and I don't say all their rivers are wrong, but the odds for a world looking like that are slim *lol* ... and some of the watermasses that look like rivers are definitly sea with islands instead
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

There are enough river police on that island as it is...granted the goal is to kill them all...

My fingers remain crossed that a map editor emerges for the general public....and that, perhaps, a larger scale of map is even permitted....