Thread: Xara tutorial for combining shapes

Post Xara tutorial for combining shapes

Rather than bury this inside my Dungeon tutorial thread, I've decided to post a mini 5 page PDF tutorial on expanded use of the Arrange > Combine Shapes functions in Xara Xtreme, as it provides lots of additional functionality to creating maps and map objects. (1.2 MB PDF)

The combine shapes functions are: Add, Subtract, Intersect and Slice.

Slicing can get secondary uses out of your existing top-down map objects.

GP

PS: both Yu Gnomi and Del should look at this one!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails combine-tutorial.pdf   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	combine.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	5631  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 08-02-2008 at 02:30 AM. Reason: added page one graphic of tutorial
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Thank you for posting this, it is very illuminating. I plan to use these techniques for designing a sectional cave network for my current mapping project "Bert the Troll's cave."

If all goes according to plan, different cave sections can be combined to make whole new cave layouts. I hope to use bevel to indicate elevation changes at places where the sections join.

If it turns out as intended, I will probably enter it into this months mapping challenge.

thank you