Thread: Nostalgia

Default Nostalgia

Hey there,

cleaning up my harddrive I discovered some relics that I now want to share with you. These are some of the maps I created before joining the guild. They are between 1 and 2 years old, for all my older maps (dating back to the earliest attempts 10 years ago) are saved on my old computer. So these are rather new, and I thought showing them would underline how much I've improved with your help.
    Just looking at the maps you'll see that I made a lot of silly mistakes back then, such as too curly city walls and stuff. Thanks to the tutorials and critique here, I won't be doing that again. I'll rather make new mistakes.

Just a few notes: The maps should appear in chronological order, Lura being the oldest. It's a map for the one and only book I ever managed to finish, and the sole purpose of the map was to give me an idea of how the world approximately looked. Albaran then is the setting of another story (unfinished). As you might notice, the ocean is called "Sea of Aurelis" - this sea actually borders the country of Aurelis. Cloverdale then is the city my unfinished story starts in and Alran is the Old Town of Albaran's capital, the biggest city in the known world.

My old maps seem almost ridiculously plain to me now, but they show my progress, so I won't hide them from the world. At least the crests still please me a lot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lura.psd.pdf   Test.psd.pdf   cloverdale.psd.pdf   Alran.pdf  
    Now that the warm fuzzy part is over we can get back to the ritual dismemberments. Oh wait, it's not Tuesday is it?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

These aren't bad at all, I like the second one the best.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

They look pretty good to me, Albaran looks a lot like the Tear style.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

What's the tear style?
    Now that the warm fuzzy part is over we can get back to the ritual dismemberments. Oh wait, it's not Tuesday is it?