Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving in the right direction?

Made some changes:

Blur effect on the rivers layer, so they dont stick out that bad; more of a suggestion now (in line with the soft touch of the backgroud); hope they dont break the map too bad now.
    Paper tags remain the same (for now), as i've tried other models and was not satisfied. Changed them a little, and there will only be 3 of them, marking the main regions of the continent.
    Added some ships for effect on the sea, and a short, very rough scale.
    Dunno if its visible, but added some clouds , just for the fancy of it. They're awesome when u move their layer in PS, but on a static map... dunno. I'm curious if u can find out their locations.
    Added icons for the location of the capitol cities of the 9 main playable factions in the game. Bad icon i know, will work something better soon.
    Thats about it for now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Names and Places update.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	2.65 MB 
ID:	27412  

Blog Entries

Sorry to get you ditching your compass. It just looked more photographic, while the rest looks more painted/ drawn. Even in the last version I think you had placed Mt. Kogaion to where I could pick it out, but I like it better without the parchment tag. The Region names with parchment looks fine. I see the clouds and they are not my cup of tea. I go back to the idea that if it is ye olde cartography it should be more of an artistic rendering. I think that the rivers with a hard edge were better I think just giving them a bluish hue would have been satisfactory. Still a nice map.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12