Thread: Deadclock7's Hand Drwan Map: Fields of Suradan

Help Deadclock7's Hand Drwan Map: Fields of Suradan

Hey Deadclock7 here and I need some brushes and advice for Trees, Hills, Mouatians and Symbols (Such as Cities and places of interest).

This is a Wip, so your controbution would help alot. =3

Feel free to edit this and post it up. Srry I spelled Drawn wrong, and I don't think i spelled, spelled right.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	980.5 KB 
ID:	27408  
    Last edited by Deadclock7; 07-24-2010 at 12:32 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

The Resource section has all sorts of brushes in it that you can use for hills, mtns, forests, etc. Deviant Art also has a ton of stuff but you'll have to run a search there cuz there's far too many artists there to list all of their brushes. As for now, the only thing that I can see is that your rivers are all one thickness - try to get the ends tapered by using a smaller brush tip or using the Smudge tool. You might also want to put some fat and skinny parts in your river to give it some variation. But so far so good cuz there's not a lot here yet.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I tried placing trees and moutains, but it doesnt end up looking how a wanted it, it would help if someone else placed them.

But thx for the advice scension.

And heres how I would like the placment stuff.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled2.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	27411  
    Last edited by Deadclock7; 07-24-2010 at 12:50 PM.

Oh, duh, my bad. I thought this was a WIP. Bad CL. Now I have to go sit in a corner for a while.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

Whell, its kinda a WIP, but i need help on trees and stuff, it's ok.

Do you have any gimp brushes?

I think all Photoshop brushes can be used in Gimp, might need input from a Gimper on that but I know most work. Like I said, there's a bunch in the Resource section.

Well, I'm still no expert on brushes in Gimp - still don't know how to use ore make a rotating one either but I am pretty sure you can always open up the PS brushes as images in Gimp and with a little effort save them as Gimp brushes.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

That's amazing, thanks for the help.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Gimp brushes won't rotate (in the stable version) until 2.8 comes out, to the best of my knowledge. PS brushes will indeed work in gimp, just dump em in your brushes folder as if they were gimp brushes