Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Haibianr - docks area WIP

Little more work. Bridge is in and more roofs are textured. Still some more to go but I'm going to find some more roof textures before I go on because it's starting to look pretty repetitive. Will do some mushing about to break up the repeating textures once I've got them all in. Nothing done on the forest yet. Once the basics are in I think I'm going to do a fair bit of hand detailing of the roofs, bridge, docks, etc. I think it looks pretty plain. Also, as this is going on my inside back cover I think I'll maybe think about putting in an easter egg or two.
    M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Docks.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	190.7 KB 
ID:	27607  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Would you even see them at this scale? Heh heh, kidding. Eggs are always fun.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Still no work on the trees - short and flatness continues. Finished the buildings, though. Going to work on real shadows and detailing next. Can't say I'm really digging it yet. Hopefully something will break and it'll start looking amazing somehow...
    M

Views:	53 
Size:	662.8 KB 
ID:	27615  

If you're not digging it I am. Nice, my only critique is that forests look a little flat compared to the rest of the map. But i'm not complaining.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Thanks all. I think I've solved my forest problem; the trees are finally looking pretty good in this version. Problem is, they're now putting the rest of the map to shame a bit I think. Ah well.
    M

Views:	58 
Size:	249.9 KB 
ID:	27688  

Just about happy with it. Still needs some detailing I think...especially on the docks. Maybe a ship or two? Some crates? Any suggestions for what I should do with it at this point? In the final presentation it will be numbered and have a legend, title, border, etc. but I haven't done any of that yet...just focusing on the map image itself at this point.
    M

Views:	33 
Size:	543.0 KB 
ID:	27716  

Something about the forest still has me off and I think it's the shadows...the forest doesn't cast any shadows on the roofs and so it looks like shrubbery (or really tall houses). The house shadows could be a lil darker as well. Two lil things but, overall, I like it a lot.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

Howzis? Little better? Refined the shadows some and generally pushed things around. Now some trees appear to be taller than the buildings. Tried to do realistic shadows (showing roof peaks and such) but realized I have a lot to learn about such things before I want to give it a go.
    M

Views:	59 
Size:	542.6 KB 
ID:	27740  

Much better, now the trees seem to real have a sense of hieght. Well done.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Yeah, much better.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast