Thread: Rhodec battle maps

Guild Apprentice

Post Rhodec battle maps

It has been awhile since i posted I been playing gurps alot using fantasy grounds I thought I'd just share some of the maps I made.
    I used some daz models and exported in png then added the ground cover using photoshop and layer masks. it is quick and dirty but the results are fairly nice.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	courtyard copy.jpg 
Views:	1157 
Size:	181.4 KB 
ID:	27439Click image for larger version. 

Name:	battlemap-market copy.jpg 
Views:	2439 
Size:	272.5 KB 
ID:	27440Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Teagans den copy.jpg 
Views:	656 
Size:	202.8 KB 
ID:	27441

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I've been wanting to get those DAZ models for years and mess around with them. This looks great.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Apprentice

really easy to come up with original look by mix and match elements to come up with new maps. quickness is key for me as GM. really enhances the game to have them look good but it is a blessing to be able to make them in time for the following game session.

Those look really great for quick maps. Really makes it tempting to look into DAZ myself. I've been fiddling around with Vue recently but I really should go through all the tutorials. I just like going for it though
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Apprentice

vue is a great tool too, used max to render the png of those maps. the models are daz but i didn't use daz to render them. I'm using vue as i type this now to make the next map for my campaign.
    geek at play studios is a fantastic site to learn vue.
    http://www.geekatplay.com/

Thanks for the link I will definitely check that out.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

These look amazing. Do those models come with Daz or do you have to buy them. For 'quick and dirty' they look really good.

Guild Apprentice

I do not have daz studio, I extract the object files and use them in vue or 3dmax. but I believe daz only comes with a victoria (female) limited model. since the software is free they nickle and dime you for the models. However the models they offer are top notch worth the price even if you do not use daz or poser.

thinking on posting map packs for people to use as they need. free.
    Last edited by saithan; 07-25-2010 at 09:35 PM.