Thread: Transit Maps

Default Transit Maps

I created a portfolio transit map. Would be interested in any comments.

Larger version can be seen here.
    Last edited by AurelianDesign; 07-25-2010 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Replaced large picture with thumbnails

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

looks good! d'ya mind putting it in as a thumbnail attachment? that would be great!

looks good, nice to see some modern maps here

Looks good!

The two stations on the bottom end of the blue lines don't have names though.
    Purely a stylistic point, you might want to try bevelling the blue line on the corner between Bay Street and the unnamed station. Looks more friendly!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	corners.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	27483  

Good catch and good suggestion (though not easy to do for a more complicated map) - thanks!

No worries, if you're using illustrator there is a plug-in which will bevel or chamfer nodes for you. Costs a bit though. Otherwise, yeah, it's a pain but you'll have to do each corner node by hand.

There's a "round corners" effect in stock Illustrator that can be applied to an entire path, but if you wanted to only round some nodes, you'd have to break the path apart first.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

I've finally fixed up the map a bit. Since the orignal post above used a link to the map on my graphic design website, that post now has the updated map.