Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Hello All,
    Just a quick hello, I am pretty new to all this so I probably not have too much to say. I am 47, live in Australia and am married with 4 teenage kids. I work in the IT industry doing tech support for a government agency. I am new to D&D but not new to gameing. I will be trying to host my first game as a DM for my kids as soon as I work out how to
    I have a bit of reading to do yet. I have downloaded Keep on Shadowfell as our first try. I am betting the first game may be a little flakey but my kids are pretty switched on with RPG's on the PC so hopefully it will all work out OK.
    Anyway, got to go, Goblins to Slay.
    Cheers
    Greywolf

Enjoy! And welcome to the guild! I remember trying to explain role playing to my dad when I was in my teens (back in the 1980s) and he just couldn't understand the concept.

Hello Graywolf, and welcome. It must be really neat to have your father as your DM; lucky kids!
    Looking forward to see the setup of your world.
    Go easy on the poor goblins
    Going on means going far; going far means returning - Lao Zi

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome to the Guild!

Welcome, I agree with Ravells, back in the 80's when my friends and I were playing pen & paper games our parents where, "I don't see what you get out of that." On the other side, we didn't get why they failed to see how incredibly awesome it was.

Computer RPGs are ok but they really limit what you can do compared to playing with a live GM. So much better. Have fun, it'll be slow at the start but if you stick with it you will get it down.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Hello Greywolf, welcome to the Guild!
    Induite vos armaturam Dei
    Ephesians 6:11