Thread: [WEP] My first ever CD3 Map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip [WEP] My first ever CD3 Map

This is my first ever attempt at a CD3 map, after being inspired by Gandwarfs excellent tutorial. I did this to teach myself a 'Little' bit about the software, and have to say that it is by no means complete. A lot of touching up to do, and manipulation of the sheet settings to make things look better. I know that some of the symbols are out of scale, and there are areas that need reworking and some to complete.

The idea behind this map was a valley settlement hewn out of a great forrest at the edge of the civilised / cultivated world.

The intention of the odd split was a man-made channel to a water mill, with associate millpond. It was never intended as a natural feature. From what I have seen on Discovery and other such programmes (ie: Industrial Revelations) this was a fairly common practice, with the result of the water slowing after passing the wheel thus creating an area of slack water leading to a mill pond.

The trees and bushes surrounding the fields are trying to emulate a hedge row / boccage type of environment.

Comments and advise are always appreciated. (I hope i have uploaded this correctly )

Alp

(Worked out how to insert the image.)

Alp
    Last edited by alp; 07-27-2010 at 08:42 AM. Reason: image source