Thread: Fields of Glory - Viking Tug-0-War

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Fields of Glory - Viking Tug-0-War

I think after some careful deliberation, intense googling of "Ancient Sports" and some other amusing side-tracks during work hours...

I have decided that my "Field of Glory" will be based on the Viking version of Tug-o-War.

Let me lay the Scene.

Olaf's Redbeards and Hagar's Hornhelms have recently plundered (insert poor victim village). Olaf and Hagar can't quite agree on who gets the 100 part of a 100-0 split of the loot, women and smouldering wreckage. So, they set up a simple contest.

First, they get one of the burning village huts and convert it into a bonfire. They grab a number of hides and tie them together to make a large rope-like object. Olaf's Redbeards take a stand on the North side of the fire, Hagar's Hornhelms take a stand on the South. They then begin a game of tug-o-war with the bonfire in the middle. Winner gets Pile'o'Plunder and Harem of Rape Victims... Loser gets gently roasted (possibly with some nuts or herbs).

Simple enough kind of game really. Clear objectives, clear consequences for losing. Very "survival of the fittest".

I'm thinking that THIS will be my Field of Glory (and then later it will become a debauched sex-fest fuelled by conquest and alcohol followed by leaving in the morning before breakfast without giving her your residential address (if she's ugly) or by tossing her in the back of your vehicle (if she's good lookin))...

**Side Note: After that description, there really isn't much difference (other than getting roasted) to a Rugby game... Hmmm civilised man has just avoiding doing the raping and burning of opponents... Yep.
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

Blog Entries

Classic ! Gotta see this one

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Sounds like a Tuesday for my fraternity back in the day Don't kill the dancing girls.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Here is a rough outline of where this is headed... More detail and fussing to be added later...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fields of Glory.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	444.1 KB 
ID:	27617
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

My Lulu Store

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

"Women, fire, and loot." Really, is there anything else worth having?

Sorry for the lack of updates...
    I've decided to abandon any plans of a "sat-map" style for this... I suck WAAAAAY too much at that style. So I'm reverting to an ink'n'paint style.

Also, I will shamelessly plug DevinNight because I will be borrowing some tokens I found of his on the inter-nerd as a basis for my vikings because drawing top-down people is again... "outside my skillset". (Again, I suck at actual drawing of things that are alive)

Updates are soon to follow... as will significant and copious text.

My Lulu Store