Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mapping Contest: Win $100 of ProFantasy Products

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

I've added it to the blog on the CG deviantArt page. You might also want to post it on the RPTools.net forum and fouruglymonsters.com. If you're particularly eager then you could go for ENWorld, RPG.net and even conceptArt.org.

Thanks for posting that to the blog torstan. I'll definitely check out some of the other sites you mentioned.

Also, thanks to all of you who are helping judge the competition. I just posted the Meet the Judges page with all of your bios.
    FantasyMapMaker.com - free fantasy maps for commercial or personal use ~ Campaign Cartographer 3 Review

*Wibble* a contest for mapping that catches my eye... the day after my good desktop bites the bullet.
    At least I have an 80/g spare drive to dump ubuntu to.
    My D&D/Roleplaying Blog Making a new effort to update every two weeks!
    Gimp Gradient Basics

Count me in! The deadline is August 18th, midnight in what time zone?
    Induite vos armaturam Dei
    Ephesians 6:11

Quote Originally Posted by Gallifreyan View Post
    Count me in! The deadline is August 18th, midnight in what time zone?
    How about 'whichever time zone you're in.' Caveat - no, you cannot travel to another panet, dimension or time in order to circumvent the rules of the contest.

I think the latest time zone is Samoa - so we can go with that if you're really strapped for time.
    FantasyMapMaker.com - free fantasy maps for commercial or personal use ~ Campaign Cartographer 3 Review

Im in the pacific time zone, but if you were in the eastern the deadline would be 9 for me. But the Samoa time zone works very well for me
    Induite vos armaturam Dei
    Ephesians 6:11

Typically you would just have to use Greenwich standard time or something like that.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Sadly, I doubt, I will be entering this contest.

I had a map I was working on, based on the GAMES WORKSHOP MIGHTY EMPIRES Tiles, and designing a map to correspond to the camapign map for my WARHAMMER Group.

Hmmm...wanted to attach the images, but I don;t seem to have an Attachment option for this message
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Guild Member Facebook Connected Big Mac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    I've added it to the blog on the CG deviantArt page. You might also want to post it on the RPTools.net forum and fouruglymonsters.com. If you're particularly eager then you could go for ENWorld, RPG.net and even conceptArt.org.
    I came over here from The Piazza (which has forums for many out of print D&D worlds) and a significant percentage of the members there are either interested in making maps of D&D worlds or looking at maps of D&D worlds (and basking in their cartographic quality). I think that this competition is over now, but if you ever need to pull other people in, please consider The Piazza as one of your options.
    David "Big Mac" Shepheard
    New to cartography and seeking advice - eventual goal to make a large number of maps for the many worlds of the Spelljammer Campaign Setting

Thanks Big Mac, We should start keeping a list. We're a little haphazard in the way we publicise the comps and it would be great to get more fantasy types interested in mapping to contribute.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast