Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mapping Contest: Win $100 of ProFantasy Products

Default Mapping Contest: Win $100 of ProFantasy Products

loongtim is running a contest on his website.

loongtim says:

I have a few ProFantasy vouchers in my possession and I'd like to give them away! So, I decided we should have a little competition to determine their new owners.

The prizes for the winners are Profantasy vouchers in the amounts of $100, $50 and $25.

You don't have to use Campaign Cartographer to make your map - PhotoShop, Gimp, hand drawn et al are all welcome. So if you've always wanted to try out CC3 (but not enough to actually buy it with your own money), now's the chance. Or, maybe you already have CC3 and want to upgrade your product line with CD3, DD3, Annuals, etc. - that's fine too.

If you'd like to participate, you can read the rules of engagement on the competition page.

I look forward to seeing some of you compete. And let me know if you have any questions.

looks cool. I think I'll give this a shot.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Great NeonKnight, looking forward to your participation.
    FantasyMapMaker.com - free fantasy maps for commercial or personal use ~ Campaign Cartographer 3 Review

Your page suggests if you are not an amateur mapper to contact you for the possibility of being a judge - I will volunteer as a judge.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

I would volunteer, too, if there is still need for judges.

Thanks guys - I actually had you on my list to PM today to ask if you'd be interested. Sounds like you are, which is great. I'll PM you a little later with details.
    FantasyMapMaker.com - free fantasy maps for commercial or personal use ~ Campaign Cartographer 3 Review

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I may give this a whirl if I can find the time.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

I'm definitely interested! The post doesn't mention a deadline, when are you planning on closing the competition, loongtim?

Edit: readfail. In case anyone else has trouble reading the date in black and white, the deadline is August 18th.
    Last edited by Gidde; 07-28-2010 at 05:36 PM.

Maybe I should bold that deadline .

Yep, maps will be due on August 18th (no crafty reason for that date - it's just the day after I get back from a business trip). If your map is done before then, go ahead and submit it and I can post it to the site.

Since I'm likely to get a flood of maps at 11:59pm on August 18th, the next couple of days will be spent getting them all uploaded to the site. Then I'll give the judges a few days to select the winners and hopefully offer some commentary on a few of the maps.

Just a quick note to say thanks to everyone who joined the judges panel: Immolate, Sapiento, torstan, Gamerprinter, Djekspek, Ascension, Ralf Schemmann and Mike Schley. It's like the Supreme Court of fantasy mapping.

Quick question: I've had quite a few people from here at the Guild, at the Profantasy forums and and on my blog express interest in participating. I'm wondering, are there any other communities you all know of whose members might be interested in a mapping contest?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast