Thread: Thistltop

Map Thistltop

Another map inspired by Rise of the Runelords by Paizo. Their map has a pretty complex fort above the Ancient dungeon, but it's supposed to have been built by goblins. So, this is a little more in keeping to my mind. Two rooms, one for the boss, and one for the rest. The boss gets a throne (but not much else...). The staircases that pre-existed were walled in, and a couple of watch towers stuck on the front.

What do you think?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thistletop Outside.png 
Views:	1273 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	27570

I started this of at a 100x100px resolution, but moved to 300x300 towards the end, as details were getting blurred that I wanted to keep. I keep looking at it and seeing details I could improve. But it's time to stop now.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

The bridge shadow has white spots on it, it should be a black shadow. Not sure what Gimp can do but you need a duplicate of the bridge layer filled with solid black, then move that layer underneath the bridge layer and blur it if you like. Otherwise, I'm all for fast mapping and this looks like fun.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Map

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thistletop Outside.png 
Views:	737 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	27592

Looks a bit better on that shadow front. I originally duplicated the layer and just de-saturated it.

Heh, I think the definition of "fast maps" is one of perspective