Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: City of Udenford

Guild Novice

Map City of Udenford

My first map made with City Designer 3, with some finalizing touches in Photoshop.

Map will be used in my ongoing RPG campaign set in a world very much like the world pictured in Warhammer fantasy roleplaying game.
    The players have just finished part 1 where they "stumble upon" the greatest barbarian uprising in history while investigating the disappearance of a missing Bailiff in a small hamlet north of Udenford.

Background
    The City of Udenford, home for about 2000 brave souls in the very north of the Kingdom of Rolden. The only city north of Udenford is the great fortress of Yondergalt.
    Udenford, the surrounding area and it's twin city Einstburg is governed by the harsh but noble Sir Bertram, an aging man faced with the greatest threat in the Kingdoms history.
    The great northern fortress of Yondergalt has fallen to the barbarian hordes of the north, never in history has there been an upraising as big as this. Now, Sir Bertram and his loyal servants (the players) face an army of over 10000 barbarian warriors, what is strange is that behind the barbarian warriors whole families follow, seemingly fleeing their northern lands. Even stranger still is the plague that ravages among the barbarians, twisting their bodies and making them kill everything in sight, including their own.
    Will Sir Bertram's trusty Bailiff Otto Dauber, and his assigned guard, the former militiaman Mandred Axelbrand, have any hope of surviving until help arrives from King Dekmar II in the south? Only their precious time will tell.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UdenfordFinished.jpg 
Views:	544 
Size:	683.7 KB 
ID:	27579

Really nice city map. Looking forward to see more :-)
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

This is a nicely laid out town, the kind you'd expect to spring up around a keep. Looks great!

A top quality debut. Thanks too for sharing the background. Sir Bertram has some challenges ahead. Sounds like the players are going to have to discover the cause of the berserker plague and put a stop to it or Udenford is done for! Are you playing Warhammer or another system?
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

This is a great looking map. I think that CD3 is the best product for CC3, and does some great maps. I look forward to seeing more!

Guild Novice

Aval: Yes, running the campaign with the second edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying.

Thanks all for your comments.

I Like the city. I saw it when i was looking up tips for beaches and stuff... And i Like what you did with the cliffs so i was wondering how you achived that look? did you render out into a JPEG and then Added them to the JPEG after? some pointers will be really cool

Guild Novice

Stixx925: Sorry for the late reply. I haven't been very active here for some time, but that will hopefully change soon.
    The Cliffs is the work of Gandwarf who has made an exellent tutorial on how to create these with CC3/CD3. Se this thread: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...signer-3/page9

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks really good - a single question pops up though... you haven't added a compass to the map so normally I'd expect north to be to the top - but seing the names '"morning gate" and "sunset gate" sort of turn that upside down (at least for something alike our earth). Just thought I would mention it
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Novice

Tilt, you are quite right. North is not at the top of the map. I simply didn't find a suitable image to use, and my feeble atempts to create one that looked good failed misserably so I just ignored it out of frustration. ;-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast